Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Quest for Fire


OK not much of a quest since I just loaded the excelent fire tutorial - pacakge by Forrest, off the wiki, and there was a fire. Much easier time than Prometheus and I get to keep my liver. I also tracked down a long standing bug in my code I though I had squashed last year. I did not find the cause but did cure the sympton.  It was related to some collisions not triggering, but also involved frame rate game was playing at, and also it seems if a mesh and rendered were attached to directly to the game object with the OnTrigger.  I happen to have some objects where I had the mesh and render on a child because I wanted them offset from the position of the gameObject and they never suffered missing triggers. 

so that is one thing off my todo list.

todo: numbers under flip toolbar are static should be linked to use of flips

todo: game play :: need to have some sort of goal to do each level. Maybe get so many of each gem to goals. (will think about this well working on others.)

todo:think more about multiplayer game play

No comments: