Sunday, April 15, 2012

Seperating UI for touch and mouse.

Have played a little with the UI with fingers and mouse. I think the multi coloured gizmos will work good on computer with mouse. Fine control and no twisting make them a good fit. although for 2D placement drag and drop instead of gizmo will be my first option. For touch the multi finger twist and pinch means the gizmos are not needed. so that means using #ifdef compiler directives to separate the two interfaces, and "Finger gestures" packge by fatalfrog.com on unity.

The FPS counter showed 30 FPS on iPad and iPhone 4 which is max frame rate on those devices. on a iPhone 3G with iOS 4.x the frame rate dropped to 20 FPS for the mesh deformation in panel 3. That would be too slow for general performance but for worst case on 3 year old phone that is fine. I am not going to worry until frame rate gets down to 25 on iPhone 4.

I think I know how I want to do the popup panes for control position and transitions of panels, from UI point of view, but first I have to change the animation system. Currently there is no central control of animations so I can not stop them all anytime. I need to do this when reseting or moving all frames to final position in composer. This is exactly what JobManager.cs what meant for.

Started on pane for editing transitions but need to do some more work in gimp first making some graphics.

v0_0_3

No comments: