Wednesday, April 18, 2012

More UI for transitions

Found my bug with NGui, the atlas for images also needs to include fonts. Although NGui works with fonts in a separate atlas using two atlases causes Z level drawing problems.

Working on UI helped me realize a better way handling transitions, that will be flexible enough for rest of prototyping I think, hopefully even into the product. I played with the base orientation along xyz axis.(which is why everything is upside down) This will take a bit more work. I want NGui, user expectations and rotating through angles along multiple dimension to all work together. The user expectation is most flexible because I can swap axis letters when displaying co-ordinates to users. If I have to I may be able to swap co-ordinates for NGui but then I won't be compatible for upgrades so need to do it in extension, could be pretty messy. When rotating an object in 3D rotating about X then Y is not the same as Y then X . I want user to be able to twist an object on screen and only change one axis angle value. I think if I lay my object out "flat" correctly this will work, but need to test this. I see in the demo that the way the 4th panel moves has changed when I changed global orientation. How to let the user control this will be a UI problem.

Green and red frames represent start and end of transition. Moving them changes panel numbers, but this can only be done in editor. i have to write the drag, resize and twist code for run time still.

Almost finished refactoring transitions.


V0_0_5

No comments: